Total Preparation & Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
For the salad:
- 1/3 cup Goldenberries, dried
- 2 stalks celery , clean & sliced into very small pieces
- ½ cucumber, diced
- ½ small red onion sliced thin
- 4 avocados, cut in half, pitted & diced into small pieces
For the vinaigrette:
- A pinch of chilli, crushed
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Pepper & salt to taste
- 2 cups arugula or spring mix, washed & pat dry
- Mix orange juice with oil and then season it with chilli, salt & pepper. Add in the goldenberries to the vinaigrette & let sit for 12 to 15 minutes, preferably at room temperature, then dice the soaked goldenberries and mix into vinaigrette.
- Mix the avocados, celery, cucumber, onion, goldenberry, vinaigrette, almonds, & then fold in the arugula or spring mix.
- Arrange the salad in a large bowl & serve immediately.