Total Preparation & Cooking Time: 30 minutes + 1-3 hours to set
Servings: 20 tarts
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 14 medjool dates
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 2 1/2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water overnight
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- juice from 1-2 lemons, to taste
- Pulse the pistachios, almonds and walnuts in a high-speed blender or food processor until fine. Add the dates and coconut, and pulse until combined. The mixture should stick together and easily form into a ball. Remove from blender or food processor.
- Create tabs from parchment paper that will help make removing the tartlets from the muffin tins once frozen. The tabs should be about 4″ long and 1/2″ wide. Lay them in each slot of the muffin tin before pressing in the crust.
- Press a couple of teaspoons (a small ball) of the crust into each muffin slot on top of the parchment paper tabs. Use your finger to press the crust firmly and evenly into each slot. Once you are done, place the muffin tins in the freezer to chill while you prepare the filling.
- Drain the cashews from the water and pour into high-speed blender. Add the coconut cream, maple syrup, coconut oil and lemon juice. Blend on high until smooth.
- Remove muffin tins from the freezer. Pour a layer of the cashew filling over the crust. Use a spoon to spread the mixture in each slot. Be sure to leave enough room for a second layer of filling. Put muffin tins back into the freezer.
- Add the matcha powder to the remaining filling mixture and blend until combined. You can add more if you want the green filling to be darker in color.
- Remove muffin tins from freezer again. Pour a layer of the matcha filling in each of the muffin slots. Use a spoon to smooth the top. Garnish each tartlet with lemon zest.
- Place the muffin tins back in the freezer, and freeze for 1-3 hours, or until the tartlets are set. When you want to remove the tartlets, take the muffin tins out of the freezer, wait about 3-5 minutes and then use the pull tab to remove each tartlet from its slot.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer or refrigerator. These will keep for quite a while in the freezer, so you can store extras in the freezer. Move to the refrigerator a couple hours before eating.