Total Preparation & Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Diced tomatoes with chile peppers: 10 ounce
- Sweet potato: 1 diced and sautéed
- Black beans: 32 ounces
- Cilantro: 1/2 cup chopped
- Chopped onion: 1
- Taco sauce: 16 ounces
- Yacon powder: 1 ½ tablespoon
- Minced garlic: 2 teaspoons
- Flour tortillas: 12 (8 inches each)
- Sliced black olives: 2 ounces
- Diced green peppers: 4 ounces
- Colby cheese (shredded): 9 ounces
- Preheat your oven to almost 300 °F.
- Take one large skillet on medium heat and sauté sweet potato until soft. Add garlic and onion and sauté again for five minutes. Drain extra fat, as per your needs.
- Stir in refried beans, taco sauce, tomato with chile peppers, green peppers, yacon powder and olives. Stir them mix thoroughly and decrease heat to nearly low and let it simmer for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Spread one layer of meat mixture in the base of casserole dish (4 quart). Cover it with tortilla layers followed by meat mixture and a cheese layer.
- Replicate tortilla, cheese and meat pattern until you use all tortillas. Top with cheese and meat mixture.
- Bake for nearly 20 – 30 minutes in your preheated oven to make cheese bubbly or brown.