Makes 6 cookies
Highlights of this recipe:
Can be a sugar free, dairy free, gluten free and lactose free cookie. Using superfoods such as Maca and Cacao Nibs sweetened by Yacon Powder. Yacon Powder does not raise blood sugar levels and only has 5 calories per teaspoon. Maca helps with mood and hormonal balancing, improves sexual health and endurance, and gives skin more glow. Maca can be used in smoothies, juices, raw energy balls, soups, stews or can simply be mixed with coffee/tea/milk and other spices. Cacao Nibs are a great sugar free substitute for chocolate chips. Cacao Nibs can be used in trail mix, baked goods, coffee and smoothies, ice cream or simply as a snack.
- 1 cup coconut oil OR 1 cup/stick Irish Butter (You can do 1/2 cup of each to have the best of both worlds)
- 1/2 cup Yacon Powder OR 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Maca Powder (Use Code: Sweet20 for 20% Off)
- 2 Tablespoons Cacao Powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Cacao Nibs (Use Code: Sweet20 for 20% Off)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour OR 1 cup white whole wheat flour OR 1 cup gluten free flour (The amount of each flour will depend on the stickiness of the dough, refer to directions)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F).
- In a medium bowl, mix the butter with vanilla extract and sugar until smooth cream forms.
- Add in the Maca powder and Cacao powder and mix well.
- Slowly add in the flour and mix and make sure no clumps form. If the dough is sticking to the bowl, add more flour in 1/3 cup increments.
- Add in the cacao nibs and mix using a spatula.
- Wrap the dough and place in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Using a cookie cutter or your hands, make small round shaped cookies and place them in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes.