Normally they use sugar or honey in the rice to get it sticky. I swapped it for some Yacon Syrup. Used chicken instead of raw fish. And dipped it in coconut Aminos. It’s taste like a sushi version of chicken teriyaki. And super refreshing. The key is to roll it tightly and be gentle. It’ll stay together but it’s not as strong as grain sticky rice. .
- 4 Sushi Sheets Seaweed
- 2 Tsp Yacon Syrup
- 1 Pack Miracle Rice
- 1 Radish Sliced
- 1 Carrot Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Cooked Shredded Chicken
- 1/4 Cup Frisée
- Coconut Aminos For Dipping
1. Rinse The Miracles for 15-30 seconds. Then, boil for 2 minutes. Drain. And sauté in an already hot pan for about 2-3 minutes. It’ll be crispy and dry. Put, in a small bowl and combine with Yacon Syrup until the rice is coasted and sticky. You can refrigerate it for 5 minutes to make it harden more.
2. Each roll will use 2 sheets of seaweed.
3. Spread Rice on Flat Seaweed. Add Radish, Carrot, Frisée, and Chicken one at a time in Vertical Rolls. I use a tiny bit of Yacon Syrup on both vertical ends of seaweed to help it stick before rolling. Roll as tightly as you can.
4. A trick is to roll then press inward and continue to roll. You can use a sushi rolled if needed. Cut carefully with a very sharp knife. Add a side of coconut aminos and enjoy.
5. It should stick pretty well together. I haven’t had any issues. But, handle it carefully so it doesn’t fall apart. And if it does. Spoon it up and eat the delicious mess.
Recipe by Alexia @accidentalparisiancook